Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quilts

Well since I'm a new blogger and trying to get caught up a little, I feel like I'm going to over blog today but I'll post more pictures and stuff so people can get to know me better. Thanks in advance for understanding and baring with me.

This is going to be a collections of "some" Quilt I have made through out the years. We switched computers in 2012 so some pictures are still on the old computer.

So here we go on a quilt journey:

This is one of three baby wall hangings I made the last couple months. I made two of this cute fairy print. This is the boy wall hanging I made.  (in the two shown these went to Virginia a cousin of mine just had a set of twins.)
I have a friend who made this pattern at a quilt retreat so I ran home and made it:

Like most Quilters we all have our UFOs to work on. The picture above was a Settler's Day Challenge, we was given 2 printed fabrics and a button to work into the project.  I was going to enter the challenge with a friend of mine 5 years ago but life took a different turn. If you have read any of my blog, I bet there is an idea why I did not get it done in time for the challenge. I had a rough pregnancy. (but he is soo worth it!) I have plans after I get this Quilted and bidded to give it to my sister in law. I made her a birthday board (will explain what this is in a later post) and this lap quilt will go with it nicely.

So after hours cleaning my floor and tape down the back to lay out the rest and pin it to get it ready to quilt, I have some puckers. So I have to go back to the drawing board and re-lay it out. (Yes sometimes I am a perfectionist).  I have since heard about a product called 505 basting spray. Where you hang the backing up with pins nice and taut, then spray the basting and keep adding the layers. I am thinking I will be trying that soon.

So it may not be alot so far but more will come!! I promise!

Lil' Bit of Country gal

Elle

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Elle! I saw that you're taking part in the Friday Night Sew-In and that you're a new blogger. I haven't been on very long either. I started blogging this past September. I love your quilts and your family sounds wonderful. Hope you visit my blog. I look forward to visiting your blog and I think I'm your first follower!!

    ReplyDelete